The Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce has been serving the Western Sussex County business community for nearly sixty-five years. Our service and support has recently been expanded to cover all of Western Sussex County, Delaware.
Over 340 members support the mission of the Chamber, to establish and maintain itself as the primary advocate, voice and resource for businesses and organizations in our area.”
Much of our focus is on THREE Action Items:
- To act as an advocate for business and economic development on behalf of our members throughout Western Sussex County
- To collaborate with local business members and community partners, such as schools and non-profits to encourage positive impact in our community
- To attract visitors and promote tourism to Western Sussex County driving more hotel stays in the area hotels and consumer consumption in our local businesses, attractions and our events.
In addition, the Chamber takes a collaborative role with our business members, organizations and local groups to promote and support tourism to Western Sussex County and the many attractions and events in our area.
The mission of the Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce is to establish and maintain itself as the primary advocate, voice, and resource for business organizations in our area.
Primary Roles of the Chamber:
- Provide connections and support for member businesses
- Provide marketing and training opportunities for members.
- Raise non-dues income in order to keep membership fees reasonable.
- Support increased business and recreational visitors to the area.
- Provide relocation and visitor information.
- Develop and support quality of life programs designed to make the area a better place to live and work.
Get to Know Your Chamber:
In the first quarter of 2019, the Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce will be holding a series of informative meetings entitled, “Get to Know Your Chamber”. The meetings will be one hour each, and we will highlight for you all the Chamber does and how you can get the MOST out of YOUR membership investment!
The following meeting dates and times have been scheduled:
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 – 8:00 – 9:00 am – Laurel Public Library, located at 101 East 4th Street
Chamber’s Committees, Business Marketing & Promotion, Economic Development
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 – 8:00-9:00 am – Seaford Library & Cultural Center, located at 600 N. Market Street Extended
Chamber’s Committees, Chamber Events & Sponsorship Opportunities, Tourism Promotion
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 – 8:00 – 9:00 am – Bridgeville Public Library, located at 600 S. Cannon Street
Chamber’s Committees, Community Involvement, Member Services
I wish to invite all local business owners and/or representatives, non-profit organizations and festival and event planners to join us. You do not have to be a Chamber to attend one of these meetings. Come check us out and see what’s in for YOU!