Welcome to the Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce! Our full time, year-round office works to organize programs that benefit your business, the local community, and to attract and serve our visitors to the area. In addition, we answer hundreds of email and telephone inquiries about the area, and act as a referral service for your business.
The Chamber provides you with the collective strength of its members for support of issues affecting your business and the community. Over 340 businesses, organizations and professional people are working together to improve the economic and civic vitality of our community. The Chamber represents your investment in growing prosperous and thriving communities in Western Sussex County.
Your Chamber membership entitles you to receive and access multiple services provided by the Chamber, and several are detailed below:
- Year-round service by a professional staff, “walk-in” information and visitor center , strategically located on the major artery through the county, Route 13/Sussex Highway (We are happy to distribute brochures and materials if you supply them to us.)
- Networking – opportunity for business connections in an informal setting at Business Networking Mixers, Ribbon Cuttings, Lunch-n-Learns, and other activities and events for members to attend
- Member-to-Member discounts with the “2019 Western Sussex Member Plus Program” Card
- Business education programs and seminars with expert speakers in many fields
- Monthly “Growth Spurts”, an informational newsletter distributed through our eBlast service to over 600 addresses
- Community Involvement, including the with local historical societies, numerous downtowns and their economic development organizations, through municipal council and commissioners meetings, local schools and numerous civic organizations. The Chamber assists with contacts at the Small Business & Development Center, SEDAC, Delaware Economic Development Office, Sussex County Economic Development Office, and more.
- Promotion of local events, including the Live for Chocolate, Nanticoke Riverfest, Eastern Shore AFRAM Festival and the Apple Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville
- Free individual listings on Chamber website and in the “Visitors’ Guide & Membership Directory”; including live links to a business website or Facebook page
- Your Chamber of Commerce belongs to the Delaware Chamber of Commerce, and Associated Chambers of Commerce of Delaware, enabling you to avail yourself of their information and benefits
- Social Networking with Facebook, Instagram and the Chamber website, where you’ll find business resource links, Chamber information and a virtual Visitor Center in our Visit Us section.
As a NEW Chamber Member, Your Membership entitles you to the following:
- Grand Opening and Open House, with ribbon cutting ceremony within first 6 months
- New Member Announcement in Local Print Media
- Business Spotlight in monthly Newsletter
- Free Facebook/Twitter post, one per quarter
- 4 FREE eBlasts in 1st year, one per quarter
- 1 FREE promotional ad or announcement on Chamber’s LED highway sign
- Purchase an Business Networking Mixer in 1st year of membership, and receive a 2nd mixer at ½ price (redeemable in 2nd year of membership)