Western Sussex Tourism 2nd Annual Photo Contest
Western Sussex Tourism
Photo Contest Rules and Regulations
Dates: Entries will be accepted from July 1, 2019 through November 15, 2019 – 5:00 pm
Announcement of Winner at Chambers’ Holiday Social on Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Categories: (all photographs must have been taken in Western Sussex County, DE)
- Outdoor Recreation – including wildlife, scenic landscapes and waterway, activities and events that are outdoor recreational related
- Local Heritage & History
- Downtown Vibe – include local downtowns along Route 13/Sussex Highway from Greenwood to Delmar, DE i.e., restaurants, shops, events, parks, streetscapes, etc.
- Pets at Play – Photos of your pets in Western Sussex
- Kid’s Category – (For ages 13 & under) Photos may be from any of the above categories.
Submissions – Candidates are allowed 1 photo per entry per category.
Two ways to submit entries:
- Email to email@example.com – One photo per email. All entries must be a minimum size of 1200 x 1800 dpi, must be named, include in the email the category to be entered, name, address, telephone number and photo location. If person(s) are in the photo, you must submit a signed model release waiver.*
- Upload to Chamber Facebook page – Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce facebook.com/WesternSussexCOC/
One photo per post. All entries must be named, include in the category to be entered, name, and photo location. Once uploaded please email original photo (1200 x 1800 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org , along with your name, address, telephone number and photo location. If person(s) are in the photo, you must submit a signed model release waiver.*
ALL ENTRIES UPLOADED TO FACEBOOK will be entered into a “Fan Favorite” contest. Winner is decided by the most likes.
Judging this year’s contest will be Gene Bleile and Lloydlee Heite.
There will be 7 winners named – one for each category, a “Fan Favorite” and Best Overall.
The Fan Favorite and Category winners will receive a Chamber gift basket filled with great prizes and unique local gifts. The Best Overall Winner will receive a cash prize of $250.00.
Disclosure: Entries cannot be digitally designed and will not be accepted. Entries containing inappropriate imagery will be disqualified (if you won’t show it to your mom, we don’t want to see it either…) Entries that do not comply with the stated rules will be deemed ineligible but will still become the property of Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce. And subject to use as outlined below. Each entry constitutes the entrant’s certification that he/she meets all eligibility requirements, Judges decisions are final and binding.
NOTE: By sending WSCC your photograph(s) you acknowledge and grant permission for it/them to be used in a wide variety of promotional materials including newsletters, flyers, brochures, advertisements, correspondence, press kits, media submissions, websites, social networking sites, and other print and digital communications. If anyone in your photograph(s) is recognizable, you will need to provide to WSCC a model release form signed by that person(s) or parent or legal guardian if the person in under 18 years of age. Images of unrecognizable people do not need model releases. Winning images of recognizable people will be disqualified if the photographer cannot provide a signed model release form upon request. “Recognizable” means that a third party could identify the individual in the image, due to the visibility of any distinctive physical features, uniform, identification numbers and so on.